TheSystemCollective is a syndicate of independent artists, makers, programmers, engineers, philosophers, activists, and scientists, collectively using art and technology to transform our world. The collective believes in a literal definition of “open source”, and converts public spaces into a museum, ready for artists to freely position their art.
The method is an intermixture of universes, physical, virtual and imaginary.
’We don’t need space, time is irrelevant, objects stay as useful as the user.'
TheSystem is a time space continuum made manifest, using technology to make gps-anchored art accessible to everyone, both at home and abroad.
Phase.1 - Source Yppenplatz 5 // August and September 2020
In August and September of 2020, Phase.1 of TheSystem manifested itself on the Yppenplatz in Vienna, Austria.
20 artists, representing 5 collectives (Sandkasten Syndikat, Villa Schapira, Zirkus Mops, Setzkasten, Dachsbau) performed and/or exhibited in those two months.
The artists showed paintings, multimedia installations, sculptures, audio-visual concepts, and performances.
Phase.2 - Manifested time-location system
"We don't need space, time is irrelevant, objects stay as useful as the user."
On November 24, 2020, the age of art will be written in the fourth dimension. Vienna's public space will be transformed into a museum independent of time and place through the use of augmented reality technology.
Anyone with a smartphone or computer can visit the museum. Admission is granted by directly accessing thesystem.at
For the time being, virtual sculptures/artefacts of nine artistic positions of the exhibition series "TheSystem - Phase 1" will be shown, which took place during the summer months of August and September at Yppenplatz in Vienna.
In the opening phase, all works of art will be accessible via Augmented Reality anywhere in Vienna until the end of January. After that, the works will then manifest themselves virtually at fixed, work-specific locations chosen by the artists and thus become a permanent part of Vienna's urban culture.
Yppenplatz 5, 1160 Wien
The map for the AR artworks is available here: artificialmuseum.com
Litto *1984, living and working in Vienna
Participatin Art Collectives:
Dachsbau bei das Werk: Dagmar Rohm, Stefan Stürzer
Setzkasten Wien: Stefan Voglsinger, Maria Koller, Guillermo Tellechea, Patrick K.-H. / Anton Iakhontov
Zirkus Mops: Adam Lebesmühlbacher, Selina Nowak, Alexander Nowak, Luka Vidak
August 11, 2020 to February 1, 2021
- Eröffnung mit Villa Schapira Tuesday, August 11, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- HeartBreakHotel: Painting by Dachsbau August 14 to 17, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- The Wound: Sculpture with Audio by Zirkus Mops August 19 to 23, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- System, Struktur & DeFragmentierung: Audiovisual performances and sculptures by Sandkasten Syndikat August 26 to 30, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Systeme & Menschen by Stefan Stürzer September 1 to 7, 2020 / from 07:30 PM to 11:30 PM
- Work by Villa Schapira September 3 to 7, 2020 / from 07:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Max Mustermann by Noemi Kiss September 9 to 13, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- fluesterkonus inter.aktion, chora malik, Setzkasten Wien September 15 to 19, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- WELCOME TO METZGEREI MOPS! by Zirkus Mops September 22 to October 14, 2020 / from 06:00 PM to 12:00 AM
- Launch AR-App Tuesday, November 24, 2020 / at 12:00 AM